私は妻を殺していない I did not kill my wife


妻がなんで亡くなったのか、真相を知るための戦いが始まりました。 The aritle has been translated into Korean, English and Arabic.


日本語 http://www.huffingtonpost.jp/yoko-kuroiwa/thousand-tears_b_13414438.html

For Korean, please click here.

韓国語 Korean


English (Arabic one appears below English one. Please scroll down).

 An Open Letter to Dr. K: Why Did My Wife Die after Giving Birth?

 On Sep 6th 2016, my first child was born and the day after, my wife passed away. The cause of her death was massive bleeding after the caesarean operation. Bleeding started from her uterus after the delivery and culminated in DIC (Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation), which took away the ability of blood to clot and resulted in continuous bleeding from multiple organs of her body. She was only 33 years old.

Soojin, my wife, who is originally from South Korea, worked for the United Nations in Jordan. I followed her to Jordan as a house-husband. As long as I could stay with my wife, I was a happy man. My employment status did not really matter. This happy life ended suddenly and I could not think of writing anything about it for a while. Any word such as “sadness” or “loneliness” would not suffice to describe this loss. However, after 80 days have been passed from Soojin`s death, I decided to speak out and tell the true story to the world.

The day after she passed away I received a 2-page report from the hospital. It was written by Dr. K(I will leave the name anonymous), who was in charge of her operations and is also the president of the hospital. In the report, there was the following statement which I want to raise a concern:

"At around 6:30 AM (on Sep 7th), she (my wife) became irritable and upon trying to take her vital signs, her husband was aggressive and uncooperative and asked us to leave the room. Her condition deteriorated quickly and she went into shock. She was transferred immediately to the operating theatre and she developed cardio-vascular arrest."

This is absolutely false. Around 6:30 AM is the time when my wife was unconscious and her face turned pale while her lips became white. At such a critical time, asking medical staffs to leave the room is tantamount to murder. Nobody would do such a foolish thing. The truth is that, around that time, I was pleading to doctors and nurses, screaming "Please help! Her face is pale and she is breathing strangely !".

There were other factual mistakes in the report. According to the report, on September 1, Dr. K met both my wife and me to suggest induced labor. I did not go to the hospital on that day, so it was impossible for Dr. K to meet me. In addition, the report states that "on the night of the 5th of Sept 2016 Mrs. Soojin was advised to be admitted but refused". The truth is, however, that we were given two options: 1) to be admitted to the hospital and carry out induced labor; 2) to go home and come back later when the labor becomes stronger. The doctor did not recommend any one option over the other. We therefore decided to take the second option.

Much of the report was spent on the fact that we were unwilling to do induced labor, which was continuously recommended by the hospital. But, the connection between our unwillingness and Soojin's death was not made clear.

 The hospital also shared a set of medical files on Soojin, and I shared them with gynecologists, pediatricians and hematologists in Japan. They all state that the file lacks very basic information. In Japan, a medical report is supposed to consist doctor's statements on results of medical examinations, the evaluation of patients' condition, and justification for which medical interventions were taken at which stage. However, the file did not contain any of these materials. They also did not notice any data that justifies the implementation of emergency caesarean for Soojin at five pm on Sep 6th. In addition, Soojin went through three more emergency medical operations to stop continuous bleeding, but the file did not have any indicators such as heart-rate and pulse during these operations. Due to this, there were so many questions such as whether they conducted a blood test at the right timing, whether the amount of blood transfusion was appropriate, whether hysterectomy was done at the right moment, and when the hospital noticed that Soojin was in the condition of DIC.

I prepared a letter to Dr.K with three main requests. First, I asked him to edit incorrect information on his medical report. Second, I asked him to share all the medical data including Soojin's pulse and heart-rate. Lastly, I asked him to explain how they evaluated the condition of Soojin in a chronological order and what interventions they took at which stage based on what information. On Oct 5th, I went to the hospital and submitted the letter to directly to Dr.K in person and asked him to respond by Oct 12th.
On Oct 12th, I received an email from Dr. K. It stated that " The File and supporting Documents including the Medical Report dated 8 September 2016 explain and clarify in full details the events, medical measures and procedures that took place in respect of late Mrs. Soojin Hyung' case". All my questions were ignored. I replied, "please read my questions carefully and answer one by one". Then, he replied that "all the information on the report is correct, except for that I met only Soojin on Sep 1st. For the rest of questions, please give me one week to prepare". As of Dec 5th, I have not received anything.

Then, something more unbelievable occurred. On Oct 7th, I received the autopsy report. Much of this four page hand-written report was copied and pasted from the report written by Dr. K. Needless to say, the part I asked medical staff to leave the room is included (which is not true, as I mentioned above). Moreover, Soojin's uterus was not examined. The original cause of her death is bleeding from her uterus, so, without examining her uterus, it would be difficult to know the real cause in more details. During the operations, Soojin's uterus was taken out, without prior consensus nor notification afterwards, and it was not even examined in the autopsy. I do not even know where it is currently.

There is no gynecologist in Middle East who does not know Dr. K. The royal family in Jordan is treated by Dr.K and many pregnant women from neighboring countries come to Jordan just to seek his medical expertise. Many Western diplomats in Jordan also use this hospital for their deliveries. In other words, Dr K is the “King” of this field.

That is well reflected in the last sentence of the report by Dr. K: "I would like to emphasize at the end that there was no negligence at all or delay from the hospital". "Negligence", which, in principal, can only be judged by the judiciary, is being defined by the doctor himself, who was in charge of the operations. It is difficult to believe that such statement can so openly be made in the official letter.

There is not much a foreigner like me can do to take action against such a famous doctor in the Middle East. If there is an institution that can help me, it would be either Korean embassy or Japanese embassy in Jordan. I asked both embassies if they can accompany me to submit a letter to Dr. K, after explaining that I did not get all the information I needed from the hospital.
However, Korean embassy refused by stating "it is not the job of the embassy to raise medical questions to the hospital", and Japanese embassy also declined by saying "since the embassy is not the party directly concerned with this case, the best thing is to solve within the conflict resolution system, that includes judiciary, in Jordan".

I was not yet in the stage to file a lawsuit against the hospital. I was not even raising medical questions. I just wanted to get information on why my wife had to pass away. One of the main jobs of the embassies is to protect the citizens of the country they represent. I wonder if the definition of "protect" can include getting information on the cause of the death for the beloved families.
There seemed to be no way out for me, so I had to go for the last resort. I was forced to go back to Japan at the end of Oct, since I could no longer apply for visa extension as a dependent of Soojin. Then, I flew back to Jordan on Nov 29th and, with support from a Jordanian lawyer introduced by my friend, I submitted a letter of complaint against the hospital and Dr. K to the Office of General Prosecutor in Jordan. On Nov 30th, a prosecutor called me for an interview and he promised me to order the hospital to disclose all the information related to the death of Soojin. Based on all the information he will collect from the people concerned with this case, he will determine whether or not he can indict the hospital and Dr. K.

However, I cannot trust if the hospital will sincerely submit all the information to the prosecutor. They took out the uterus of Soojin without prior consensus or notification afterwards, and did not even submit it for the autopsy. They have not replied to my letter which was submitted on Oct 5th. I highly suspect that the hospital may hide some important information or even fabricate their medical record. I would like to request to all the institutions in concern, including Korean and Japanese embassies, to ask the hospital to fully cooperate with the investigation by the prosecutor. I am neither here to revenge against Dr. K nor to get compensation. I just want to know the truth. I would like to know why my beloved wife had to leave me in such an early stage of her life.

I named my son "千汪”(Theo). 千 means one thousand in Japanese, and 汪 means lots of tears. When he was born and welcomed to the world, one thousand people shed tears; I would like him to be as sympathetic to tears of others as her mother was. And, I would like to request the hospital and Dr. K to sincerely feel the massive amount of tears that came out after the death of Soojin.


رسالة مفتوحة إلى الطبيب "ك" بشأن وفاة زوجتي بعد الولادة
في السادس من سبتمبر، جاء ابني الأول إلى هذا العالم وفي اليوم الذي تلاه توفت زوجتي. سبب الوفاة كان نزيف حاد بعد العملية القيصرية. بدأ النزيف في الرحم بعد الولادة وأدى إلى "تخثر منتثر داخل الأوعية الدموية"، والذي أدى إلى منع الدم من التجلط مما نتج عنه نزيف متواصل في عدة أعضاء من جسدها. زوجتي كانت تبلغ من العمر ثلاثة وثلاثين عاما فقط.

زوجتي، سوجين، تنحدر من جنوب كوريا وكانت تعمل مع منظمة الأمم المتحدة في الأردن. وقمت أنا باللحاق بها إلى الأردن ولم أكترث أنه سأبقى في المنزل دون وظيفة طالما كنت بجانبها. إلا أن حياتنا السعيدة انتهت بشكل مفاجئ ولم استطع أن اكتب عن زوجتي بعد رحيلها المؤلم. لا يوجد أي كلمة تعبر عن الفقدان الذي أشعر به، كلمات كالحزن أو الوحدة لا يعبران عن الشعور الذي ينتابني. الآن وبعد مرور أكثر من ثمانون يوما على رحيل زوجتي سوجين، قررت أن أتكلم واسرد القصة الكاملة للعالم.
بعد يوم واحد من وفاة زوجتي، استلمت تقرير من صفحتين من المستشفى قام بكتابته الطبيب "ك" (سأترك الأسم مجهولا للآن)، وهو المسؤول عن إدارة عمليات المستشفى وفي نفس الوقت هو رئيسها. جاء في التقرير ما يلي وهو الذي أريد لفت النظر إليه:
" في الساعة 6:30 صباحا في السابع من سبتمبر، أصبحت المريضة عصبية وعند محاولتنا لأخذ مؤشراتها الحيوية أصبح زوجها عنيفا وغير متعاون وقال لنا بمغادرة الغرفة. تدهور وضعها بسرعة وأصيبت بصدمة. تم نقلها فورا إلى مسرح العمليات وهنالك أصيبت بتوقف القلب والأوعية الدموية".

إلا أن هذا لم يحدث ولا يمت للحقيقة بصلة. ففي قرابة الساعة 6:30 صباحا، فقدت زوجتي الوعي ووجهها أصبح شاحبا. في هذا الوقت الحساس، الطلب من الطاقم الطبي بمغادرة الغرفة هو أشبه بجريمة القتل ولا يوجد أحد في وعيه الطبيعي يمكن أن يطلب هذا الشيء والذي يمنع من إنقاذ زوجته. بالواقع وفي هذا الوقت كنت أتوسل للأطباء والممرضين وأسترجي المساعدة لأن وجهها أصبح شاحبا وأصبحت تتنفس بشكل غريب.

كان هنالك أيضا أخطاء وقائعية في التقرير إذ ذكر أيضا أنه في الأول من سبتمبر، قابل الطبيب "ك" بمقابلتنا أنا وزوجتي وقام بإقتراح الطلق الصناعي، إلا أنني لم استطع الذهاب للمستشفى في ذلك اليوم فلم يكن من المعقول أن يكون قد قابلني الطبيب "ك". بالإضافة لذلك، يقول التقرير أنه "في ليلة الخامس من سبتمبر، 2016، تم نصح السيدة سوجين بإدخالها للمستشفى إلا أنها رفضت". وبالحقيقة تم إعطاءنا خيارين؛ الأول أن يتم الإدخال للمستشفى وإجراء الطلق الصناعي والثاني أن نذهب إلى البيت ونعود لاحقا عند اشتداد الطلق. لم يبدي الطبيب أي تفضيل لخيار فوق الآخر وعليه قمنا أنا وزوجتي بإختيار الخيار الثاني.
معظم التقرير تركز على عدم رغبتنا بإجراء الطلق الصناعي، والذي تم اقتراحه من قبل المستشفى. الا أن الصلة بين عدم رغبتنا بإجراء الطلق الصناعي ووفاة سوجين لم تكن واضحة.
قام المستشفى أيضا بمشاركة تقارير طبية خاصة بزوجتي سوجين وقمت بعرضها على أخصائي أمراض النساء وأطباء الأطفال وأخصائي امراض الدم في اليابان واللذين أجمعوا بأن التقرير يفتقر لمعلومات أساسية. في اليابان، التقرير الطبي يجب أن يحتوي على تقارير الطبيب بخصوص الفحوصات الطبية، وتقييم وضع المرضى، وتبرير التدخلات الطبية التي تم اجراؤها وفي أي مرحلة تم العمل بها. التقرير الذي أخذته لم يحتوي على أي من هذا المعلومات. وأيضا، لم يلحظ الأطباء اليابانيون أي معلومات تبرر تنفيذ العملية القيصرية لزوجتي سوجين في الساعة الخامسة مساءا في السادس من سبتمبر. وبالإضافة لذلك، تم اجراء ثلاثة عمليات مستعجلة لسوجين لوقف النزيف المتواصل، إلا أن التقرير لم يحتوي على أي مؤشرات كسرعة دقات القلب والنبض والتي تم أخذها في تلك العمليات. وعليه، فإن هنالك عدة تساؤلات يثيرها التقرير فيما إذا قاموا بعمل فحص الدم في الوقت المناسب، وفيما اذا كانت الكمية لنقل الدم كافية، واذا تم استئصال الرحم في الوقت المناسب، والوقت الذي لاحظ به المستشفى أن قلب والأوعية الدموية لسوجين كانوا في حالة توقف.

قمت بتحضير رسالة إلى الطبيب "ك" تحتوي على ثلاثة أسئلة رئيسية. أولا، سألته إن كان بإمكانه تعديل المعلومات غير الصحيحة في التقرير الطبي. ثانيا، طلبت منه إعطائي نسخة عن المعلومات الطبية الكاملة المتعلقة بزوجتي والتي تشمل النبض وسرعة دقات القلب. وأخيرا، سألته أن يشرح لي كيفية تقييمهم لوضع زوجتي في التسلسل الزمني والتدخلات الطبية التي تم اجراؤها وبأي مرحلة تمت ووفقا لماذا.
في الخامس من أكتوبر، ذهبت للمستشفى وقمت بتسليم الرسالة مباشرة إلى الطبيب "ك" وطلبت منه الجواب في الثاني عشر من نفس الشهر. وفي ذلك اليوم، تلقيت بريد الكتروني من الطبيب "ك" ذكر به التالي: " الملف والمستندات الداعمة في التقرير الطبي المؤرخ بتاريخ سبتمبر 8، 2016 تشرح وتوضح التفاصيل الكاملة للأحداث والإجراءات الطبية التي تم تنفيذها بخصوص حالة السيدة سوجين المرحومة".
تم تجاهل كافة اسئلتي وقمت بالرد عليه بأن يقرأ اسئلتي بتمعن وأن يجاوب عنها واحدا تلو الآخر. وبعد رسالتي، قام بالرد علي بالتالي: " كافة المعلومات المذكورة في التقرير الطبي صحيحة، فيما عدا أنني رأيت سوجين لوحدها في الأول من سبتمبر، وبالنسبة لباقي الأسئلة، أرجو اعطائي مهلة أسبوع للرد عليك". لتاريخ الآن الخامس من ديسمبر، لم أستلم أي شيء.

بعد تراسلي مع الطبيب، حصل شيء لا يمكن تصديقه. في السابع من أكتوبر، استلمت تقرير التشريح والذي تم كتابته بخط اليد على أربعة صفحات. تقرير التشريح كان مطابقا لتقرير الطبيب "ك"، حيث تم نسخ الكلمات ووضعها في هذا التقرير. وبالطبع، ذكر تقرير التشريح كيف أنني قمت بالطلب من الطاقم الطبي بمغادرة الغرفة (الأمر الذي ذكرته سابقا ولم يحدث على الإطلاق).
بالإضافة لذلك، لم يتم فحص رحم سوجين في التشريح. السبب الأصلي لوفاتها هو النزيف من الرحم، ومن غير فحص الرحم يستحيل معرفة السبب الحقيقي للوفاة بالتفصيل. أثناء العمليات، تم إزالة رحم سوجين دون الحصول على الموافقة ودون تبليغي بعدها أيضا ولم يتم فحص الرحم خلال التشريح. لا أعلم أين هو أصلا!
لا يوجد أي طبيب أمراض نسائية في الشرق الأوسط لا يعرف من هو الطبيب "ك". بعض أعضاء العائلة المالكة في الأردن يتعالجون عنده والعديد من النساء الحوامل من الدول المجاورة يأتون للأردن من أجل الإستفادة من خبرته الطبية. والعديد أيضا من الدبلوماسيين الأجانب يذهبون للمستشفى الخاص به من أجل الولادة. بكلمات أُخرى، الطبيب "ك" هو "ملكا" في هذا المجال.
في التقرير الذي بعثه لي الطبيب "ك"، هنالك جملة أختتم بها التقرير تقول: " أود التركيز بأنه لم يكن هنالك إهمالا أو تأخير على الإطلاق من المستشفى". كلمة "إهمال" والتي من المفروض أن يتم النظر فيها من الجهات القضائية، استخدمها الطبيب هنا في التقرير والذي كان مسؤولا عن العمليات. من الصعب تصديق أن هذه الجملة تم إستخدامها في التقرير الرسمي للمستشفى.
بصفتي أجنبيا، لا يمكنني القيام بأي إجراء قضائي بحق طبيب مشهور في الشرق الأوسط. وإن كان هنالك أي جهة رسمية يمكن أن تساعدني، فإنها ستكون أما السفارة الكورية أو السفارة اليابانية في الأردن. قمت بسؤال كلا السفارتين ان كان بإمكانهما مرافقتي لتسليم الرسالة إلى الطبيب "ك"، بعد أن قمت بشرح لهما أنني لم احصل على المعلومات الوافية من المستشفى إلا أن السفارة الكورية رفضت بقولها التالي "أن عمل السفارة لا يقتضي إثارة اسئلة طبية للمستشفى"، ورفضت ايضا السفارة اليابانية بقولها " أن السفارة غير معنية مباشرة بهذه القضية، وأفضل الخيارات الآن هو حل هذا النزاع ضمن نطاق نظام حل النزاعات في الأردن ومن ضمنها النظام القضائي".
لم أكن بهذه المرحلة بصدد مقاضاة المستشفى، ولم أقم ايضا بإثارة اسئلة طبية. أردت فقط معرفة لماذا توفت زوجتي... من أساسيات وظائف السفارات هو حماية مواطني البلد الذي تمثله السفارة. هل بإمكان "الحماية" أن تشمل الحصول على معلومات بخصوص وفاة مواطنيها ومساعدة أهل المتوفي؟
لم يكن لدي أي خيار سوى العودة لبلدي اليابان بنهاية شهر أكتوبر بما أنني لا أستطيع تمديد تأشيرتي كوني معتمد على زوجتي. وفي التاسع وعشرون من نوفمبر عدت للأردن، وبمساعدة محامي أردني تعرفت عليه عن طريق صديقي، قمت برفع رسالة شكوى ضد المستشفى والطبيب "ك" عند مكتب المدعي العام في الأردن. في الثلاثون من نفس الشهر، طلبني المدعي العامي لمقابلته ووعدني بأمر المستشفى بالإفصاح عن جميع المعلومات المتعلقة بوفاة سوجين. ووفقا لهذه المعلومات، سيقوم المدعي العام بطلب جميع الأشخاص المرتبطين بهذه القضية وسيقوم بأخذ القرار بخصوص توجيه تهمة للمستشفى والطبيب "ك".
الا أنني لا أثق بأن المستشفى سيقوم بتسليم كافة المعلومات للمدعي العام. قام المستشفى بإزالة الرحم بدون موافقة مسبقة أو دون تبليغي بعد إزالته ولم يقوموا بتسليمه للتشريح. لم يقم المستشفى أيضا بالرد على رسالتي والتي قمت بتسليمها في الخامس من أكتوبر. لدي شك كبير بأن المستشفى سيقوم بإخفاء معلومات هامة أو سيقوم بتلفيق الملف الطبي. أود الطلب من جميه الجهات الرسمية المتعلقة، بما في ذلك سفارتي كوريا واليابان، بالطلب من المستشفى التعاون الكامل مع تحقيق المدعي العام. أنا لا أريد الثأر من الطبيب "ك" أو الحصول على تعويض. أريد فقط معرفة الحقيقة. أريد أن أعرف لماذا تركتني زوجتي في هذه المرحلة المبكرة من حياتها.
قمت بتسمية أبني "ثيو" وهو اسم ياباني يحمل في معانيه الألف من الدموع. حيث عند ولادته إلى هذا العالم، انهمرت ألف دمعة على فراق أمه. أود أن يحمل في قلبه دموع الرحمة تجاه الآخرين مثلما كانت أمه تشعر مع الآخرين. وأود أخيرا من الطبيب "ك" أن يشعر بكمية الدموع التي نزلت بسبب وفاة زوجتي سوجين.


seventh star 7

Author:seventh star 7
メール連絡先 yokuroi×hotmail.com (「×」を「@」にしてください) ツイッター:@YokoKuroiwa